The Fire and Aviation Management programs within the Bridger-Teton National Forest and Grand Teton National Park are integrated to provide a professional and innovative interagency fire program. While they are the primary participants in Teton Interagency Fire, we work closely with the National Elk Refuge, Wyoming State Forestry, and Teton, Lincoln and Sublette counties. Cooperation is key, not only during fires and all-risk incidents but during all aspects of fire and incident management, from the training and planning through responding to an incident. Cost: Free Other Options: Education Boxes, these boxes are free to borrow and are filled with items for specific education topic needs.Lesley Williams-Gomez Fire Prevention Tech. and Education
|Students k through 12, Groups 5 thru 30 Students – throughout the school year and the summer months for camps and summer school programs
|Science, Math, Environmental Education, Language Arts, Social Studies are some of the course requirements we cover in some of our lessons.
|Your class room or school and summer school campus, or a field trip to the forest is always welcome!!
|Change is an integral part of a healthy, enduring forest. “Fireworks” provides students with interactive, hands on materials to study the forces that cause change in the forest, particularly wildland fire. All lessons are linked to the national and state standards. The science of wildland fire provides the context for learning about properties of matter, ecosystem fluctuations and cycles, habitat and survival, and human effects on ecosystems. Lessons plan can be shared prior to class.
Meet the Fire TriangleStandards:
- 1-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures & Processes
- 2-ESS1-1 Earth’s Place in the Universe
- 2-LS2-2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics
- 2-LS4-1 Biological Unity and Diversity
- 2-PS1-1 Matter and Its Interactions
- 2-PS1-2 Matter and Its Interactions
- 2-PS1-4 Matter and Its Interactions
- 3-LS4-2 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- 3-LS4-3 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- 4-LS1-1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structure and Processes
- 4-LS1-2 From Molecules to Organisms: Structure and Processes